Seminars / Journal clubs
Seminars are usually held in the seminar room 26, ground floor, building D
(Institute of Physiology, ASCR, Videnska 1083, Prague 4. Map.)
In case you are interested to be notified by email about next seminars let us know.
- Sidney Lehky (The Salk Institute, USA)Dimensionality of object representations in monkey inferotemporal cortex
- Prof. Igor Schreiber (VSCHT)Stoichiometric networks and oscillatory dynamics of chemical systems
- Prof. Alain Trembleau (Université Pierre et Marie Curie)Local translation of mRNAs and its role in the development and plasticity of the mouse olfactory system
- Pavel SandaNeural mechanisms of sound localisation and its modeling
- Prof. Chris Christodoulou (University of Cyprus)Aspects of neural coding and self-control
- Dr. Achilleas KoutsouDistinguishing the Causes of Firing with the Membrane Potential Slope
- Soma ChakrabortyMutual information as contrast function for independent component analysis
- Ondrej PokoraOn estimation of firing rate from superposed record
- Lubomir KostalNumerical calculation of information capacity for selected neuronal models
- Ryota KobayashiA method for estimating time-varying synaptic input from a voltage trace
- Boris Flach (FEL CVUT)Modelling composite shapes by Gibbs Random Fields
- Massimiliano TamborrinoDetection of the first-spike latency
- Martin ZapotockyNonlinear oscillators and the control of insect flight
- Milan Palus (ICS AS CR)Local and long-range synchronization, functional and effective connectivity in brain networks
- Ikuko Nishikawa (Ritsumeikan University)Estimation of the neural circuit for the command generation in the premotor center of an insect brain
- Prof. Michele Migliore (CNR Italy)Odor perception through network self-organization: large-scale modeling of the olfactory bulb
- Pavel SandaParallel computing
- Lubomir KostalMutual information and channel capacity in the weak-signal approximation.
- Karel Jezek, Department of Neurophysiology of MemoryDynamics of Population Activity in the Hippocampal Neural Network.
- Soma ChakrabortyIndependent Component Analysis of Wingbeat Dynamics in Drosophila.
16.2. (14:30 hod.)
- Prof. Thomas Hummel, Smell and Taste Clinic, Dresden University Medical School"Why Two Nostrils?"
- Dr. Jean-Pierre Rospars, Insect Physiology Unit, INRA Versailles:"Olfactory Transduction: How Is an Odour Transduced into an Electrical Signal?"
- Dr. Pavel Němec, Přírodovědecká fakulta UK:"Neural Mechanisms of Magnetoreception"
Joint seminar with Dept. 33
- Topic: Introduction to electrophysiological and optical recordingsPresented by Jakub Otáhal, Monika Martinková, and Eva Krajčovičová
- Pavel ŠandaSpike train analysis and population coding of frog olfactory neurons
Joint seminar with Dept. 33
- Topic: Analysis of physiological signalsPresented by Martin Zápotocký and Lubomír Košťál
1.6. (main lecture hall, 11:00)
- Prof. Peter Mombaerts, Max Planck Institute for Biophysics, Frankfurt"Olfaction Targeted"
- Prof. Gerd Kempermann, Center for Regenerative Therapies, DresdenGenes and environment in the regulation of adult neurogenesis
- Doc. Petr Maršálek, 1. LF UK"Consciousness, disorders of consciousness, unconsciousness - incomplete introduction."